NEW: Join the Life & The Law Committee for the Reindeer Run, a 5k (3.1 miles) event on 12/1/12 at Lake Harriet! The Life and Law Committee will host an informal meet and greet before the race and then will be gathering at Bull Run (http://bullruncoffee.com/About_Us.html) for coffee and hot chocolate after the race. Bring a group or just yourself – walkers, runners, family, friends, strollers, and costumes are all welcome! Email Angie Hoppe or Rachel Peterson if you would like to join us for all or part of the day. Please complete registration for the Reindeer Run through this website: http://www.reindeerrun.com/ Hope to see you there!
Due to logistical challenges stemming from the flooding in Duluth, the 2012 Duluth Trek has been cancelled. Registration fees will be refunded to those who have already registered. Please watch for details about a new and improved event in 2013. If you have questions, please contact Dawn Sieber at 763-323-5568 or Angie Hoppe at 612-373-9687 / 800-422-1370 ext. 9687.
Why are we here?
We are the committee of the Minnesota State Bar Association dedicated to helping lawyers and legal professionals thrive in both their legal career and their personal life. A happy, healthy lawyer enjoys a more meaningful practice and personal life while better serving his/her clients.
What do we do?
In service of our purpose to serve Minnesota’s lawyers and legal professionals, we provide resources and tools in areas such as career satisfaction, work/life balance, mental/chemical health issues, physical well-being, and many other quality of life issues. Specifically, we accomplish our goals in a variety of ways, including:
- Providing programs and events dedicated to providing education on career, professional, and personal development,
- Using our website and other informational materials to provide links and resources relevant to improving quality of life, and
- Supporting CLE’s and programs produced by organizations committed to providing support for Minnesota’s lawyers.
What are we proud of?
- Creating and sponsoring the annual Duluth Trek Bike/Walk Event each August, dedicated to both increasing and encouraging physical health while raising funds for Minnesota Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers.
- Hosting a series of Continuing Legal Education programs providing strategies on stress reduction related to specific areas of practice.
- Co-hosting and co-sponsoring a variety of programs and Continuing Legal Education events with Minnesota Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers and other organizations.
Want to get involved in our committee? Please contact one of our Co-Chairs below, or just come to our next meeting!
Kendra Brodin (Co-Chair)
Angie Hoppe (Co-Chair)
Or contact the MSBA liaison to the Life and the Law Committee:
(612) 278-6316; (800) 882-6722