The MSBA's Civil Litigation Section Annual Meeting, Advocate Award Presentation and CLE Program
"Jury Trials in the New Social Media Universe"
Thanks to the Social Media explosion people are saying things about themselves publicly at an unprecedented pace. They also are connecting in ways unheard of just 10 years ago. How can this trend be used to your advantage? What are the best practices? What are some of the lessons learned – often the hard way?
- What you need to know about Social Media
- Understanding the depth and breadth of the new universe
- Understanding the Millennial juror’s relationship with the Internet and Social Media
- How Social Media is impacting jury trials
- Mistrials, mistrials, mistrials—why?? And, what can be done
- What does “Don’t talk about the case” really mean? It depends on who you are talking to!
- Harnessing the benefits of social media to help you
- Google, Facebook and beyond
- Ethical issues
Tara Trask , CEO, Tara Trask and Associates and President, American Society of Trial Consultants
1 hour of Standard CLE credit approved (event code: 165611 )
Recipient of the 2012 Advocate Award
Former Chief Judge, Minnesota Court of Appeals,
Distinguished Professor of Law, William Mitchell College of Law
Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Time: 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
4:00 p.m. - Section Annual Business Meeting
5:00 p.m. - Social Hour
6:00 p.m. - Dinner, Award Presentation & CLE Program
Location: The Town & Country Club
300 Mississippi River Blvd.
St. Paul, MN 55104 [Directions/Map]
Section Members: Free
MSBA Members (But Not CivLit Section Members): $30.00
Law Students: Free
Non-MSBA Members: $40.00
Teleconferencing is not available.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds will be processed for cancellation requests received in writing on or before noon on the registration deadline. Requests should be directed to the event contact person listed at the bottom of this notice. Cancellation requests received after this time are not eligible for refunds. You may send a colleague in your place if you are unable to join us and the registration deadline has passed. Requests for an exception to this policy should be directed to Elyse Farnsworth, Section Services Director, by e-mail or at (612) 278-6336