The MSBA's Construction Section Presents
"Current Labor and Employment Law Issues for the Construction Lawyer"
Learn how to recognize, triage, and fix labor and employment law issues affecting your construction company and owner clients. We will cover:
1. Federal labor law issues for union and non-union construction companies,
2. Labor agreement terms affecting construction practices,
3. Termination procedures for labor agreements,
4. Quirks in unemployment compensation tax and benefit law,
5. A quick introduction to Davis-Bacon/prevailing wage law,
6. An even quicker summary of new federal and Minnesota employment and wage and hour law issues for the construction industry,
7. Project Labor Agreements ("PLAs"),
8. Complaints with the National Labor Relations Board and the Board's jurisdiction, and
9. The use of arbitration to resolve grievances under Collective Bargaining Agreements and PLAs.
Get your questions answered by one of the most experienced labor and employment law practitioners in the entire country.
Doug Seaton, Seaton, Peters & Revnew, P.A.
Douglas Seaton is a founder of Seaton, Peters & Revnew, P.A. His firm's practice is dedicated exclusively to representing employers in employment-related litigation and administrative proceedings; counseling employers on policies and practices, discipline, discharge, and claims; and representing management in labor matters.
Mr. Seaton has advised or spoken before legislative committees, employer groups and employer training sessions in several states. He is also a former chair of the Minnesota State Bar Association's Labor and Employment Law Section. He has degrees from Princeton, Rutgers, and William Mitchell, and he writes and teaches frequently on labor and employment law topics
1 hour of Standard CLE credit approved (event code: 165576)
Date: Friday, April 13, 2012
Time: 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Location: MSBA Offices
600 Nicollet Mall, Suite 380
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Section Members: $20.00
MSBA Members (But Not Construction Section Members): $25.00
Law Students: Free
Non-MSBA Members: $30.00
Participation by web and audio is available. Please indicate this option when registering or contact Jennifer Carter at email@example.com.
Cancellation Policy: Refunds will be processed for cancellation requests received in writing on or before noon on the registration deadline. Requests should be directed to the event contact person listed at the bottom of this notice. Cancellation requests received after this time are not eligible for refunds. You may send a colleague in your place if you are unable to join us and the registration deadline has passed. Requests for an exception to this policy should be directed to Elyse Farnsworth, Section Services Director, by e-mail or at (612) 278-6336