Prior CLE Programs/Materials
The Solo and Small Firm is committed to providing high-quality, timely CLE programming for its members. The programs are generally held from September - May each year over the breakfast or lunch hour and include topics such as: networking, trust accounts, courtroom advice, law office technology resources and more.
October 5, 2012 | Ethical Implications of the Digital Age
October 5, 2012 | Texts, Lies and Backup Tapes: What You Must Know about E-Discovery to Prove Your Case and Avoid Big Mistakes
August 6, 2012 | Solo and Small Firm Section Happy Hour in Duluth, MN
August 8, 2011 | Solo and Small Firm Section Happy Hour in Duluth, MN
August 25, 2011 | An Afternoon with Ed Poll: How to Manage Client Expectations & Coach's Corner (Case Studies for Solo and Small Firms)
September 22, 2011 | REVENUE: Make It, Book It, Bill It, Collect It
October 27, 2011 | Building Your Brand Without Breaking Your Bank
November 2, 2011 | Autumn Networking Social
(co-sponsored with the Practice Management & Marketing Section)
December 6, 2011 | Going Solo and Small Boot Camp
January 27, 2012 | Real Estate Basics: Making Murky Matters Mundane
March 9, 2012 | The Art of Effective Motion Practice | Part 1: Litigation Series
March 16, 2012 | How to Get Your Evidence In: What's Admissible and What Isn't, and What to Do About It | Part 2: Litigation Series
March 30, 2012 | Appeals: Can I Appeal? Should I? How? | Part 3: Litigation Series
April 19, 2012 | The Proper Use of Interns in Your Legal Practice
May 30, 2012 | Solo & Small Firm Section Annual Meeting, Elections and CLE - How to Find Wealth in Your Solo and Small Firm Practice
December 15, 2010 | Solo and Small Firm Section Holiday Social
January 25, 2011 | Tools You Can Use Today To Grow Your Practice
- Click here to watch to a recording of the "Tools to Grow Your Practice" program.
February 23, 2011 | The End of an Era: Closing Down Your Practice
- Click here to watch to a recording of the "End of an Era" program.
- Click here to view tips from the "End of an Era" program and click here to view a checklist from the "End of an Era" program.
March 30, 2011 | An Introduction to Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
April 29, 2011 | Hanging Your Own Shingle: The Practical and Ethical Considerations of Starting a Solo Firm
May 25, 2011 | Solo and Small Firm Twins Game Social (Register early. A limited number of tickets are available.)
June 2, 2011 | Annual Meeting, Elections and CLE Program
Small Firm Practice Issues Affected by Insurance: Are we really in good hands?
In 2009 - 10, the section hosted the following programs. When supplied, the program materials are posted. To view a list of all previously sponsored section CLE programs, click here.
- October 27, 2009 - Law Office Technology for Solo and Small Firms: A Guided Tour
- December 1, 2009 - The Second Annual QuickBooks Boot Camp: Year-End Matters, Trust Accounting, & Tracking Billable Time
- February 5, 2010 - A Side-by-Side Comparison: Practice Management Software Applications
- May 20, 2010 - Do's and Don'ts in the Courtroom | The Judge's Perspective (Section Annual Meeting)
To view upcoming CLE programs, click here.